Tuesday, April 06, 2010

What do players want?

Today Dellmon of the EQ2's Day podcast reminded me I haven't posted player feedback in ages. I stopped as we approached our last expansion, since during beta, when most of our feedback was about NDA-covered beta things, I couldn't post them. But since Sentinel's Fate launched it's just been laziness, I'm afraid! So, without further ado:

Selections from recent player-submitted in-game feedback ...

---

Text: Being parried by ghosts' butt cheeks in Perah'Celsis is infuriating.

---

Text: I think it would be great if You relocated Merriou, the Kerra who wanders around South Qeynos longing for the simplicty of her traditional Kerran life, to Kerra Isle in Sundered Frontier. There, she could complain of how the rat problem is worse than in the down below, yada yada yada. Would be a nice in game Easter Egg
---

Text: I think your boobs should get bigger as you level.

(Domino note:  /VETO!!)
---

Text: If EQ2 gets a PG rating it should be for religious exposure instead of alchohol usage.

The pandas are totally Buddist.

---

Text: I'd really (REALLY) love the ability to purchase an empty lot.

Have it be the upgrade to the 6/7 room houses, cost 10p or more to buy.

Be a decently sized open lot - no walls, no ceilings, just a variety of backgrounds maybe. That way, we could build our own houses.

---

Text: Nerf Fucking sk! Now

---

Text: I personally think it was about time we had some sort of underwear revamp or w/e you want to call it. I am tired of the baggy slack pants and tattered dress we have had since Isle of refuge. I miss the old days of EQlive where each and every race had a different looking underdress. I'd also prefer and fully support that the more bestial races have the option of appearing fully, or at least more nude than they currently are able with the imperceptible gear. Its entirely possible as I've seen happen in some cases with rare glitches and nothing shows anyways so I don't see the harm.

---

Text: More evil eyes n Runnyeye

---

Text: The Community Cushion should be allowed to be placed in Guild Halls. Guild pillow fights would be awesome!

---

Text: Thought it might be cool for this Halloween to have a zombie Apocalypse.Here is how I thought the idea might work out.

Give the player a Detrimental that makes them look like a zombie of their race and an ability(clicky) that allows them to infect other people.Then you could set up a quest to get "the cure".If people don't want to participate the Detrimental could wear off at the end of the Halloween season or when you camp.

After they have found "the cure" they could go around and cure others or maybe have a merchant/NPC that sells some kind of "Zombie combat kit" that would allow them to cure zombies.

Prizes/rewards could include.

Custom titles could be rewarded for cureing or infecting so many people.

___________________________
Apocalypse Survivor
Survivalist
Dead by Dawn
Zombie Lord/King
Brains Gatherer
Flesh Eater
The Living Dead/The Walking Dead
Ect...
___________________________

Other rewards could be house items such as...
___________________________
A brain plushie
Zombie Survival kit
Zombie plushies
Ect...
___________________________

And if you happen to need someone to blame the Apocalypse please feel free to blame my lil gnome ^.^ I'm sure he was tinkering with something he shouldn't have been.

Thanks for your consideration
---

Text: Its a real shame when your fighting someone on this so called pvp server and 92% of the itme, people run away.

---

Text: An Easter event idea for you guys. (well, two actually)

1.) An Easter day only zone that we can go kill bunnies and recieve egg shinies till our hearts content.

2.) An Easter Bunny mob that spawns randomly all over norrath (scaled to whatever zone he's in) that can be killed for special rewards (perhaps shards or marks could be in his basket)

Just a couple of thoughts and ideas for everyone to think about for next year.


---

Text: My bathtub requires a yellow rubber ducky. please make it so!

---

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to see this feature back. :) I've followed your blog for a while now and the feedback tickles my funny bone and sometimes makes me think.

    Your other posts are really thought provoking. You've done a nice job of balancing the posts.

    As an aside, I want to say how much I appreciate all the crafting work you've done. I've been playing EQ2 since early 2005. Today, crafting is much more vibrant and involving than it's ever been.

    ReplyDelete