Monday, February 15, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... in February

It's Monday morning, less than 24 hours before the launch of EverQuest II's sixth expansion, Sentinel's Fate.  I feel a little like it's Christmas eve, both excited about all the fun to come and anxious whether everybody will like the presents I got them.  I even spent a good part of Saturday night dreaming about it - dreaming about people running through the bigger quest lines, worrying whether things were broken, worrying they would spoil the little susprises by telling each other too soon what to expect.

Will people enjoy all the quests and recipes and tradeskill content that I worked long and hard on?  There were almost as many tradeskill quests added just with this one expansion than had existed in total before, and I'm hoping that's a good thing.  Or will the forums fill with hateful flames and complaints, making the previous months of work and careful thought seem a waste?  In another day I'll be at work watching the servers come up and will find out then which it will be.  But until then, I can't help running over all the tradeskill content in my head, worrying I forgot something, worrying there are bugs that weren't caught, worrying that I spent too much time on this and not enough time on that, or should have added the other instead.

If you haven't been following the news from beta, EQ2Traders has a crafting-oriented clearinghouse of information about tradeskills in the Sentinel's Fate, and 'Zam has a great general overview.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't have time to get very far last night, but so far I'm enjoying running the new quest lines. I do wish the intro to Paineel quests lined up a bit better between the tradeskiller and the adventurer lines (I found myself revisiting points) but that's a very minor quibble in the scheme of things! I also was highly amused to meet Felicia Day ;)

    ReplyDelete